A US-China General Management veteran, Mr. Frank Tzeng has over thirty-five years of successful consulting and corporate experiences. He has served as a C-level executive for several multi-million dollar revenue companies in the Consumer Product Industry and operated offices and factories across the US, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan.
Frank currently contracted with several companies in Taiwan and USA as their consultant and interim CEO to turn them from the loss stages into profit growths. Prior to his current jobs, Frank served as the General Manager at Jada Group, Inc. for over 12 years and has helped the company grow from a $20M revenue single category toy company to a $100M multi-category product leader with products sold over prominent shelf spaces at Walmart, Target, Costco, Walgreen, Amazon, Kohl’s, Toys-R-Us and other US domestic as well as international distributors. He created and supervised offices in Los Angeles, Bentonville, Minneapolis, Mexico City, Hong Kong and China. As one of the highest-ranking officer in the Jada Group, Frank personally took charge of all areas of HR, Product Development, Legal and Operations.
Prior to Jada Group, Frank served as the Special Assistant to President at Intex, a vertically integrated international plastic and glass manufacturer with over 10,000 employees and multiple factories in China. Frank spent 70% of his time stationed in China factories and HK headquarters and 30% in the US office to improve its global operations and to expedite the implementation of the company’s first global Business Intelligent System.
The key areas of Frank’s achievements are:
- Synergized corporate leaderships from CEO, EVP, VPs, Directors to Managers within infrastructure
- Standardized cross-company managerial reports and key performance scorecards.
- Improved analytical methods to optimize the cross-ocean supply-and-demand Master Plan’s timing and accuracy
- Setup corporate’s policies to smooth multi-location operations and strengthen administration globally
- Instituted new auditing systems to control factory costs and to reduce the speed-to-market time
- Led product development and marketing teams to produce products, packaging, presentations, TV commercials, PR campaigns, websites promotions, tradeshows, and cross promotion events
- Approved all licensing contracts, business agreements and wrote applications for Trademark, Patent, Copyright
- Undertaken the due diligent process with competitor acquisitions
- Negotiated an intellectual property sold to a Japan media company.
- Tackled US and China litigations, ceased a CPSC national product recall, settled million dollars arbitration with China factory, stopped legal harassment from major competitor at 9th Circuit Court, and collected overdue from out of State distributors.
Frank worked in Electrical, Computer and Consumer Electronic industries in the first half of his career. He opened and operated an East Coast branch office for EIZO Nanao Technologies Inc., a Japanese high-end computer monitor and video equipment manufacturer. He also led and downsized Proton USA Corporation, a Taiwanese-based prestigious TV, audio, video, and computer monitor manufacturer during the era of Dot-Com Bubble Burst.
Frank holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from New Jersey Institute of Technology and AS Electrical Engineering degree from National Taipei Institute of Technology. He served as a 2nd Lieutenant Intelligence Officer in the Department of Defense in Taiwan, was a Board Advisor for Innovation Leadership for the Technical Professional Program at UC Berkeley Extension and was the Speaker and Mentor at the American Marketing Association at the UC Irvine and CSU Long Beach Chapters. He immigrated to US in 1985 and currently resides with his wife in Irvine, California and a frequently flyer to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China.